02 February 2011

Knitting again....



Do you have a friend that no matter the time apart, you pick up right where you left off and feel so good to be around them again? 
That is my relationship with knitting.
I only know how to knit and purl, I cannot decrease or increase, I cannot cable or create any other stitches.  I am nearly capable of casting on and off neatly.  Knitting is something I really LIKE though!  Even if I'm not very good at it.  I really like choosing yarn and knitting like mad to create a pretty scarf (that's the only thing I can make) and I usually do something weird to hide any dropped stitches or bad casting on/off.  Buttons and felted flowers are like magic for that stuff!!

I often feel my life is a bit like my knitting, it seems to get better with practice and I just put a fun patch or embellishment on the bad parts.  YOU know they are there, but it's part of the fabric now, and no reason to not wear it proudly or share it with someone you love.  

I am interested to see what you have to say on starting new projects.  What kinds of projects do you take on even if you are not very adept at them?  Are you the type of person that takes it apart and starts over?  Do you finish them even if they are not quite right?    

1 comment:

  1. I love the analogy! Everything I make has little, or sometimes not so little, mistakes in it- but I keep making and keep getting better. But some of my favorite things are the ones that are not quite perfect. I like them better that way!

    ReplyDelete