15 February 2011

Gnocchi & a twist on Alfredo!

After a busy day selling cheese at the farmers market, all I could think about was a steaming plate of gnocchi.  It helped that the guy across the market had homemade gnocchi for sale.  I bought 2 lbs. and a pound of pumpkin ravioli, all frozen.  I am not Italian, so please forgive my recipes, but I know what I love and I hope you love it too!

I created this alfredo recipe because I don't always have heavy cream, but I ALWAYS have cheese.

1/4 cup butter
8 ounces of mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto

Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.  Add mascarpone and Parmigiano cheeses and stir until melted and smooth.  Stir in pesto and serve.  I love basil pesto, but you can add more or less to taste.

I boiled up the gnocchi and sauteed a red bell pepper in olive oil, plated the  pasta and covered with alfredo.  Bella! 

A 2011 goal of mine, is to SUCCESSFULLY make pasta and this gnocchi is my new gold standard!  Fresh and light and tasty...made with real potatoes.  Even the fork marks were fabulous! 




1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering and saliva may drip onto the keyboard so I'll be quick.
    I became a follower but it doesn't show up on the "Networked Blogs" box because that's for facebookers only.
    Also, I gave you the wrong address for Julianna's blog. It is:
    http://rareredbird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete