05 April 2012

Homemade Frosty Paws Recipe

I was so excited last week to receive this recipe from Patti, a friend and fellow dog lover!

My sidekick, Pierre, loves the Frosty Paws treats from the freezer section of the grocery store.  However, at 11.9 pounds (12 #s would be overweight) I'm stuck splitting the cup in half or taking it away midway through the enjoyment...downright mean in everyone's opinion.





I purchased some small silicone baking cups at the local dollar store and they are perfect!  The baking cups are also non-stick, dishwasher safe and colorful!  I got 8 cups for $1. 

Knock off Frosty Paws; Peanut Butter Flavor
32 oz vanilla yogurt
1 large jar baby bananas or 1 ripe banana mashed
4 TBSP Peanut butter

I did a little whirl in the food processor with the banana and yogurt.

The original recipe called for honey, but since I used the vanilla yogurt, I omitted it.  The vanilla yogurt is a bit sweetened and tasted great.  I also didn't mix in the peanut butter entirely, but made a little swirl in the yogurt, kinda like people ice cream.

Here is my sidekick in action....


  Bring on the Spring and ice cream season, we're ready! 


2 comments:

  1. Looks good and it looks like Pierre enjoys them. When I try out some more recipes I'll pass them along, of course with a goodie bag for Pierre from Paxton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm going to print this out for a cool treat this summer, when Valley temps routinely top 100 degrees. LOVE that last photo of Pierre at the kitchen counter.

    ReplyDelete