So, I am going to share a few of my tips with you. John and I are swamped this time of year at the Market and we love it! It is not a season for relaxing however and from years past experience, I have to be ridiculously organized, or we have cheese disasters and entertaining nightmares, mad family members and half cooked dishes to pass.
- BUY A SMALL NOTEBOOK ,see previous post on leather one :)
- BUY A PAIR OF SLACKS/SKIRT AND A COUPLE SHIRTS + ACCESSORIES THIS WEEK
- PURCHASE ALL WRAPPING NECESSITIES AND CARDS
- WRAP EARLY AND OFTEN, PREPARE A BOX FOR KITCHEN GIFTS
- PREPARE GIFTS FROM YOUR KITCHEN EARLY
- REMEMBER THAT IT'S ALL "ENOUGH"
We have really ignored the holiday-hell in the past couple of years in our household. The girls usually choose larger gifts (unaffordable to college students and minimum wage employees) and then I choose stocking stuffers and small gifts that I think they will love/use/appreciate. We make an effort to ignore the not-nice things that happen at the holidays due to stress, expectations and lots of together time and enjoy our family, home, food and each other. (By the way, wine never hurts the situation!)
(I always keep this mantra in my mind...it's called a GIFT!!! I appreciate the fact someone thought of me and shared a bit of themselves or pocketbook with me. It's the holidays...)