04 October 2012

Chex Mix

Oh how I would love to meet the creator of Chex Mix.  I would swoon over their recipe of salty, crunchy, buttery amazing-ness of hot from the oven Chex mix.

I am a savory, buttery, salty person.  What are you?  I think it's why I love cheese so much, and shortbread and sea salt caramels.

Chex Mix falls into that category for me.  Cripes, I don't even add the wheat Chex or peanuts or pretzels (well sometimes) anymore.  I just mix the rice and corn Chex and am crunching away in 20 minutes!!

As I watched the first Presidential debates, I consumed 3/4 of the batch.  Yes, I have gotten 4 days worth of essential vitamins and minerals from the cereal in 2 hours.  Yes, it was worth every bite.  I should have brushed my teeth twice...the garlic is seeping out my pores. 

I'm finishing the rest this morning for breakfast.  Possibly with a Coca-cola. Before 9am.    

My recipe is simple;

8 cups Chex cereal of your choice (a mix of wheat, corn and rice is what normal folks do)
1 cup stick pretzels
6 Tablespoons Butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce

Preheat oven to 275 degrees.

Melt butter in large pot on stove over medium heat.  When butter has melted, add garlic powder, Worcestershire Sauce and stir.  Pour in cereal and pretzels, gently stir to coat.  Place mixture on a baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes until crispy.  Eat immediately, or have more self control than me and allow to cool.  Store in an airtight container. 

   



No comments:

Post a Comment