30 December 2011

Resolutions...all food related!

This year my New Year's resolutions are all about food!  (I'm sure you find this a surprise!)  My big plans include Capons, ducks, quail eggs, possibly an octopus or 2 and CHARCUTERIE!!!



Some resolutions are recipes and eating, others are learning new techniques and re-sampling a few things that didn't ring my bell the first time around!

On the Charcuterie note;  it's something I love and have never had the drive to really make on my own.  I believe that is one of the perils of owning a specialty store, other folks are doing a great job, why mess with it?  I feel like 2012 will be my year of pate!

I've thought about making sausages and was really inspired by http://bier-camp.com/ as they are making INCREDIBLE sausages!  I especially loved the Smoked Gouda and portabella mushroom pork sausage I had in the fall.



However, I am still scarred by the years on the farm of finding a butchered hog hanging in the cherry tree as I got off the school bus and my father making us help him stuff sausage.....lots of it.  (That was also the year he made homemade soda.  I swore I'd never do that to my children and drank a coke at every opportunity!)  It doesn't gross me out, I think it's more of a "been there, done that, no need to return" attitude.  Biercamp is doing it so, so well....why not just support their efforts?!

More resolutions to come!

Wishing you joy and peace this holiday season.  Much family friends and food to carry you into the new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment