14 December 2011

Christmas Preparations...

I'm getting into the holiday spirit this week...I promise.  I've got the tree...
Sadly, Pierre was the only "kid" that came with us this year!

I'm making the "All American" Buckeye Candies...ugly yet so delicious.




BUCKEYE RECIPE:
Courtesy Frances Prochaska
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
6 ounces semi sweet chocolate (I used Callebaut 50%)
2 Tablespoons vegetable shortening

Blend peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar & vanilla until smooth.  Shape into balls about an inch round and place on waxed paper.  Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.  In a double boiler melt chocolate and shortening, stirring until completely melted.  Dip peanut butter balls into chocolate until about 3/4 covered.  Place on waxed paper to cool.  Refrigerate until hard.  Stores in refrigerator about 3 weeks. (Yeah right...they will be gone in 3 days)

I put together a few gifts.  I'm sending some of my preserved blueberries, lemon balm jelly, Molasses cookies and more to England with our daughter for the holidays.  I hope it brings her a taste of home (molasses are her favorites) and she enjoys sharing with Lewis' family.  I LOVED these paper covered boxes!  I bought a selection of ribbon that coordinate and some fun vintage paper tags.  I also found these initial stickers at Target for $1!!!  Super cute and holds ribbon well while looking sleeker than a bow.  Fussier than I usually get...but what the hell, it's the holidays!  Plus I got a Christmas card like the DAY after Thanksgiving from L's folks....I feel the need to "appear" organized!

 
The shelves are all stocked at The Market with care...in hopes that the economy won't be bare....




The beauty of Italy will keep us well fed if nothing else!  Cheers!





1 comment: