14 November 2011

Salted Caramel Mocha at home

If you have not had a Salted Caramel Mocha at Starbucks, you are seriously missing out.  While I'm not one to plug Starbucks, they totally deserve the billions they make on this coffee drink alone, it is delicious!

Since our nearest Starbucks is better than 15 miles away and daylight savings time has me falling asleep on the couch at 9pm, I had to create my own at home.  I thought I'd share my recipe so you too, can gain 5 pounds in 2 weeks on these little buggers!

This recipe is for 1 latte mug worth, probably about a 10 oz cup, so you may need to adjust accordingly;

2 tablespoons good quality caramel sauce (I used Stonewall Kitchen brand)
1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
a TINY pinch of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon hazelnut syrup (Torani, Monin, DaVinci etc.)
1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
double shot of espresso (I used my Nespresso Pixie, double shot of "decaffeinato")





I blended the first 5 ingredients and steamed using the wand on my espresso machine the first time I made these and that was fab.  The second time I warmed it up in the microwave and that was fab...thinking you can't ruin this combination!  I then added my double shot and stirred, added a good amount of whipped cream to the top and drizzled with another small bit of caramel sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment