04 April 2014

Zucchini Fritters

Usually we have a few sprigs of fresh greens showing up at our farmers market by now, but the worst winter in a hundred plus years is keeping most everything still brown this year. I was so desperate I purchased some little zucchini. I wasn't really sure what I would make but had a day to decide.

I ran across a zucchini fritter recipe that was bland and green as most of them are that I've tried in the past. I came upon a recipe in a newish cookbook called "The Cheesemongers Kitchen" for zucchini fritters that contained goat gouda and WOW are they ever fantastic!!

I changed a few elements from the original recipe to suit my tastes and desires for texture and flavors. My family and cooking class has all agreed we think this is a great recipe! I am enjoying now, but I am imagining how utterly amazing they will be in August.....when it's finally warm.

ZUCCHINI FRITTERS

2 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
3 Tablespoons onion, finely chopped
4 ounces goat gouda, grated
Salt & pepper
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon sirarcha
1/4cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup flour

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed.
Heat a few tablespoonfuls of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, drop a couple tablespoonfuls of the zucchini mixture into a patty and cook until golden brown. You can do a few at a time, but don't crowd the pan. Turn carefully and brown on other side. Drain briefly on paper towel and serve immediately.

These are wonderful served up imstead of potatoes. Enjoy!




[image_1]
[image_2]


posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment