01 July 2012

Delicious Zucchini in Parchment

I've missed everything about blogging lately!  I've missed being in this "space"!  I promise there's a very good reason and I'll share it soon, but until then, I am knee deep in Zucchini!!! 

I fall in love again, every early summer, with zucchini.  For about 3 weeks.  Then the buggers sit around looking all wrinkly and I feel guilty for not using them up. 



Until now, until this recipe. 

This is the recipe that will make you turn on the oven in 100 degree heat, fuss in the kitchen when there is no time and thank your lucky stars when your neighbor or co-worker asks if you would like a zucchini.  Even the zucchini that are the size of toddlers taste great here (just peel them first!)!

Enjoy.




ZUCCHINI BUNDLES

4 cups zucchini, chopped into 1 inch pieces
5 red baby potatoes, sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
8 Tablespoons Chives, minced
4 Tablespoons Parsley, minced
4 Tablespoons Olive oil
8 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
2 Tablespoons Anise Liquor (optional, I used Absinthe)
Salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cut 6 squares of parchment paper about 10X10 inches.

In a large bowl, blend all ingredients except zucchini and potatoes.  Stir until well combined.  Add vegetables and toss gently to coat.  Place 1/6th of the mixture onto square of parchment, gather edges and tie with cooking twine.  Place bundles on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.  Allow to cool a few minutes and serve a package per person.   Yields 6 packages.

PLEASE use the anise liquor....I promise it's worth the minimal bottle cost.  You can substitute any combination of fresh herbs to suit your tastes!

BTW; The picture is a little deceiving for the fact you cannot see the sauce that is created in the packet since I didn't stir the vegetables.  A lovely, creamy, rich sauce awaits under the slice potatoes and zucchini!!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment