29 December 2010

Celebrations and Resolutions

As the new year approaches, I (like everyone else in this country) feel the desire to make a resolution.  Then I read my blog post from last new year's and reconsidered.  There are a couple items on that list that didn't get accomplished...hmmm.  Maybe the year wasn't as long as it used to be?  Maybe I've changed a bit and it's not quite as important as it seemed last year?   I was feeling guilty, angry at myself and then my friend, Aimee Weeber, posted this on her Facebook:

Sometimes we need to be reminded: "Today, you should celebrate what an unbelievable life you have had so far: the accomplishments, the many blessings, and, yes, even the hardships because they have served to make you stronger. Just as a gem cannot be polished without friction, nor can a life be perfected without trials. Take a time to acknowledge your life and to praise yourself." (anon)
This coming from one of the most creative, kind, hard-working woman I've ever met!  I forgot to mention she's also beautiful and FUN!  
Summer at Lake Michigan with the family

Our Jamie turns 16


Our puppy "Pierre"
Andy and Erika on FOX2 News
So today I will be doing just that!  John and I have had tremendous joys and blessings this year and trials that are best left in 2010.  I can keep last year's resolutions rolling into 2011 and celebrate what has been accomplished in 2010.  
I have planned our New Years Eve of looking back at 2010 and remembering the incredible year we experienced! 
Paris France 2010
Julia Tecumseh High School Graduation 2010
Lenawee Business Leadership Award; Tecumseh Trolley took us in high style!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment