28 September 2009

Balsamic Chicken


I do not own the 2001 ways to make chicken or any of the other multitude of chicken cookbooks. I tend to throw some things together and we grill it or bake it depending on the weather. I used boneless skinless chicken breast for this recipe (it was the only thing on hand to defrost quickly!) but I think it would have been better to use bone in skin on...next time! The only criticism from the family was to make a bigger batch of the sauce next time!! I totally could have garnished this up a bit...but really I think it's brown, glossy finish is just beautiful un-embellished! Later in autumn I will serve this with roasted root vegetables, which I think will be the perfect side!

1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar (I used The Boulevard Market labeled one!)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 whole chicken cut into pieces or boneless, skinless chicken breast (6 pieces)

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and pour over chicken pieces. Marinate refrigerated for at least 2 hours up to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 and roast chicken uncovered until cooked through, about 45 minutes for bone in, 30 for boneless. If the sauce is too thin, pour into a sauce pan, skim off excess oil and boil until liquid is reduced to your liking. Pour over chicken, garnish with parsley or chives and a bit of grated lemon zest! I hope you love this dish as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment